Pendo Exceeds Expectations for Bookings, Customers & Hiring in Quarter of Record Growth
Highlights of Pendo’s second quarter include significant customer, bookings and hiring growth, major product launches, and industry recognition. Read the full release below:
Pendo, creator of the leading product cloud for digital products and data-driven product teams, today reported highlights from the second quarter of its fiscal year, which ended July 31, 2018. Milestones include a 170% increase in bookings year over year and 90 new customers, which include major financial institutions and insurance companies, top B2B SaaS companies, firms in industries like translation services, logistics, security and hospitality, and a community college.
New customers include: Instacart, Digital River, Inc., Showpad, J.J. Keller & Associates, JAMF Software, RingCentral, Jonas Software, Windstream Corporation, Lithium Technologies, Mimecast, First American Financial, BambooHR, O.C. Tanner and MetLife.
“It was a really exciting quarter for Pendo,” said CEO and co-founder Todd Olson. “I’m especially proud that we’ve added a number of large global companies as new Pendo customers. It’s rewarding both in validating our trajectory as an enterprise SaaS provider and proving that, as the world goes digital, the user has become one of the most important assets for any business.”
Other highlights of the quarter include:
- Product Cloud Alliance–Creation of the first coalition of technology vendors serving digital product teams. Founding members InVision, UserVoice, FullStory, Split, ProductPlan and Pendo joined forces on a multichapter eBook and interactive microsite detailing the digital product lifecycle as a whimsical visual journey. Pendo also announced coming integrations with inVision and Split.
- Pendo Vox–Launch of a free tool that helps product teams quickly and easily collect, analyze, and share user feedback in any web or mobile app and via email using the Net Promoter System®️.
- ProductCraft–Growth of Pendo’s destination editorial site from an experiment to a leading resource for product managers. In its first six months, ProductCraft has published 130 original articles, podcasts, videos and debates and launched an event series called Debate Club Live, which has drawn hundreds of attendees in Seattle, Toronto, and Chicago, with planned events in New York City, Boston and San Francisco.
- Data Privacy–Extending on existing SOC 2 Type 1 compliance with new investments in data privacy and security to comply with GDPR regulations. Measures include instituting data encryption and access controls, audit trails and allowing for role based permissions and data deletion requests all while ensuring uninterrupted uptime.
- Recruiting Momentum–A record quarter for recruiting with 4,781 applications submitted globally and 45 new hires, helping Pendo surpass 200 employees across its four offices.
- Industry Recognition–Listing as one of Entrepreneur’s 100 Most Brilliant Companies and a JMP Securities “Hot 100” software company on its 10th annual list. Chief Revenue Officer Bill Binch also took the stage at the inaugural SaaStr Europa conference in Paris and Chief Technology Officer and co-founder Erik Troan won a C-Suite Award from the Triangle Business Journal.
- Inc. Best Workplaces–Recognition as an Inc. Best Workplace alongside 300 national firms. The company also was featured in USA Today for its three workplace awards from Comparably, including Top CEO for Women, best leadership and best professional development among mid-sized companies.
Pendo is a product cloud that provides user insight, user guidance and user communication for digital product teams. With Pendo, these product teams can understand product usage, collect feedback, measure NPS, onboard users, and announce new features in app—all without requiring engineering resources. Founded in 2013 in the heart of Raleigh and backed by Battery Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech Capital, Pendo has raised $56 million and counts more than 600 customers, including Zendesk, LexisNexis, Coupa, Gainsight, BMC, and Sprinklr. Pendo tracks 1.5 billion user actions a day, and improves the product experience for 91 million users every month. In July 2018, Pendo released Pendo Vox, a free complement to its core product, which allows teams to collect user feedback in app and via email. Pendo is also the producer of ProductCraft, a destination editorial site with insights by and for product leaders; and Pendomonium, a premier product conference. For more information, visit: www.pendo.io